Monday, March 17, 2008

Push or Pull?

As dodgy as this title sounds, I HAD to write this post. While exercising at the gym a couple of days ago, I was using a machine basically for working out the inner and outer thigh muscles, which required pulling in weights for one set and pushing weights out for the other. The push used the outer muscles, whereas the pull used the inner thigh muscles. Unaware of the fact that we have way more muscles in our outer thigh, than the inner, I most conveniently put heavy weights for both push and pull only to realize that the pull was way harder than the push. Actually, to be frank, I had to reduce the weights during the pull to almost 50% of what I used in pushing. Turns out, because of lesser inner thigh muscles, the pull was painful, harder and highly inconvenient compared to the push. Needless I say, that I derived a similarity to our lives from this situation. I just thought, in real life it is easier to push away people. There's little effort you need to drive someone away from you (I mean, it of course, depends on the person who's being pushed away, some people are not as easy to push away). But in order to pull people towards you, it is more time-consuming, exhaustive, takes a lot of energy and effort, but at the end its all worth it. May be to some of you reading this, these two things don't make a connection, but to moi they do.

No comments: