Monday, September 15, 2008

Embraceable

It is cold, I am quivering but I don't want to go inside. The chill in the breeze makes everything so serene. I can hear the rattling of the chains that tie the boats to the dock. But its the quietude all around that changes perspective. The shackles holding back the boats are not rattling anymore, they sound melodious to my ears, like bells tinkering in cold thin air celebrating the harmony in nature around them. The lighthouse is small with a red crown, almost a dummy, except that there is no light in this house. I look at the other side of the river at what seems like a flickering object. A flame with a halo around it. My imagination tells me I am looking at a ghost. I squint, and my intellect tells me I am looking at a fountain. Indeed it is a fountain in the middle of nowhere spreading both water and light in that dimly lit area. Amazing how breezy and foggy it is. The fog is so dense that the water and skyline have merged together and are lost into a third realm where I cannot make out what is what. The two lines - water and sky, are blended so brilliantly that a bird wouldn't know if it was flying or floating. There was nothing significant about this moment, yet everything about it made it unique. The calm water, the shimmering beacons, the unlit lighthouse surrounded by cobwebs, the fountain on the other side, the furtive flicker within the fountain, the tinkering chains, the boats waiting to free themselves from the dock to sail into unknown waters, the faded horizon, the chill in the air, the darkness in the clouds, and the person with me - all made that one moment so embraceable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u read the monk who sold his ferrari.
embracing the beauty of nature, each moment is an unique gift one can have.. many do'nt even know what it means.
whatever was your reson to be there, whatever was your goal when you went there or may be you went there coz u didn't have a goal or didn't know what it is.. but what you experience was the harmony of ur heart with nature.. when you start to blend with it, u not only see it, you feel it..
that innocence makes me call you what i call u, a child - a dall.. ;)